Affidavit for Principal Residence Exemption

This affidavit allows you to claim an exemption from some school operating taxes.  For your homestead to be eligible, you must own and occupy it as your legal principal residence as of May 1.  This affidavit must be filed with the township or city in which your property is located.  You only need to file this form once.