Please be Neighborly!
Please be neighborly with outdoor activities. Limit the noise to reasonable hours. Your Township Board thanks you.
COHOCTAH TOWNSHIP MEETINGS
PlanningCommission Meeting 9/4/2014 8pm.
Township Board Meeting 9/11/2014 8pm
Livingston County Solid/Hazardous Waste Events
TV & Computer collection event Saturday, October 4, 2014 9am - 2pm
Household hazardous waste collection event October 11, 2014 9am - 12 noon.
News and Information
- Property Transfer affidavits/Principal Residence Exemptions - PTA and PRE forms can be mailed to 6950 Owosso Road Fowlerville, MI 48836 or they can be dropped off at the hall during office hours. They do not have to be given directly to the assessor when he is in the office.
- RECENT CHANGE IN LAW FOR VETERANS PROPERTY TAX - There has been a recent law change allowing more latitude for qualifying veterans to be exempt from paying property taxes. For Affidavit form, visit the forms tab. Please contact the Assessor if you would like more information about this. 517-546-4030.
- Assessing Office Hours - The Assessor's hours have changed. The assessor will now be in the office the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month, 10 am to 2 pm.,additional hours in July and December.
- Assessing update-click here
- Township Hall - The Township Hall is open Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 10 am to 2 pm., and is located at 10518 Antcliff Road.
- Election Results - Please click on http://co.livingston.mi.us/countyClerk/electionResults/ to view Election Results.
- 2014 Road Projects - Cohoctah Road from Byron Rd. to the store; Owosso Rd. from Allen Rd. to Chase Lk. Rd., limestone as funds permit, continuing first with Byron Rd. north of Chase Lk. Rd.
- Cemeteries - For information about our cemeteries, Boutell at 1351 Jones Road and Sanford at 2115 Chase Lake Road, please contact Karen Thurner at 517-546-8307.
- OUTDOOR BURNING - Burning of yard waste and camp fires are allowed and no permit is required. The HAFA asks that you stay by your fire the entire time it is burning to prevent unnecessary and costly reporting/responding of fires.
- Governor contact e-mail - Governor Rick Snyder - http://www.michigan.gov/snyder